Sunday, April 10, 2011

Journal 02: Found Patterns


 This is one of my blankets so I didn't really find it but I really like the pattern of the circles and the colors. I think it is cool how when the circle overlaps, a different color fills in the overlap (reminds me of a lopsided Venn diagram). This blanket also has a plush texture which adds to the pronunciation of the pattern.


This is a collage of modern day art that I found particularly interesting. I found it in one of my friend's apartments this weekend.  I was drawn to this because I love anything that has an abundance of color and I also really like how it took pieces of modern art and organized them in squares. 


This pattern is from one of my friends skirts that was worn this past week. The skirt is light weight material. I like how the colors coordinate and how there are a bunch of different patterns throughout the length of the skirt which really draws attention to it. 


This is a funky tablecloth that I found when I went over to a family friend's house for dinner last Wednesday. She has very eccentric taste and I really appreciate her carefree spirit and the designs that she likes. Again I really like the bright colors incorporated and the metallic lines also add extra flare.


This faux shutter type pattern was found in my dorm room to soften the corners on the room. I live in Lincoln Tower and so there is a common room, a bathroom, and then the bedrooms. In the middle there is a hexagonal hallway. I think this was a clever way to make the room not as harsh, since there are so many corners. 


My roommate is really into incense and she has a bunch of cool jars that she keeps them in. I was drawn to this one in particular because of the way light reflects off of it. The stained glass pieces seem to be artistically places haphazardly in a swirl pattern. The fact that it is not perfectly done makes me like it even more.


This is one of my roommates bed sheets. It obviously has a stripe pattern and I like the bold colors but I also like how not all of the stripes are the same thickness and there is not a specific pattern to the way that they are organized either. 


This is a pillow cover I found in one of my friends rooms. She is obsessed with cheetah so there were many things to choose from for this pattern, but I felt like this picture best displayed both the texture and the animal pattern. I like this because I am in love with animals so I wanted to incorporate that somehow and the cheetah print is one of the most prominent animal furs out there.


I found this pattern on a chair in the Fisher College of Business during one of my classes. Although I didn't have high expectations for this pattern when I originally took this picture, the flash from the camera emphasizes the pattern and the differences between the alternating squares. One type of square in more matte and is indented, while the other has a slight shine and is mildly protruding. 


I got this pattern off of my Vera Bradley purse. The color pattern is considered "Baroque...A very modern print, but one deeply rooted in a romantic time of Elizabethan tapestries and Rococo fabrics. Baroque's contemporary feel marries traditional motifs with black, citrine, greys and warm white." After reading this description off the website (http://www.verabradley.com/section/Color/639.uts) it put much more meaning behind the pattern and that's why I was drawn to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment