Sunday, May 8, 2011

Course Reflection 03

I really enjoyed watching Rip!: A Remix Manifesto. Girl Talk is one of my favorite artists. I went to his show this year when he came to Columbus. I thought that the content of the video was intriguing and really got me thinking about copyright laws. I strongly believe that as music and technology evolves, the laws should too, otherwise no one is going to be able to invent new types of music. Music has transformed over the years and the artists should be willing to as well. If they are the creative geniuses that they make their money for being then figuring out how to get consumers interested in their products to make money should be a challenge they are willing to conquer. It was also very helpful to listen and discuss the video afterwards. It brought up many ideas that people had while watching the movie that I had not initially thought of but we excellent viewpoints of the copyright world today.

I also really liked the lecture about colors. I have always been very drawn to colors and mixing and matching to find things that work and things that do not. My mom always comes to me when she is redesigning a room in our house to suggest color schemes and patterns that would compliment the room and our families style. I really enjoy doing it and think it is an exciting challenge. So when we discussed what colors symbolize different things I immediately texted my mom after class. Currently our kitchen has tones of red, yellow, and orange in it. According to our lecture these colors stimulate overeating which is not exactly something that you want in your kitchen unless you are trying to gain weight. The second part of that days lecture was about business in design. I was particularly interested in this because my major is business. It was interesting to see how business affects design because it really is apart of everything.

Although I am not intending to be a Design major listening to the students in Design Circle really opened my eyes to how incredibly cut throat the design school is. I applaud any student that is in the program and give them a lot of credit for all of the time and passion they put into their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment