Sunday, May 15, 2011

Journal 07: Peer Dialogue 03

Becky

I agree with what she said in her course reflection about Walt Disney. I actually had no idea that he took his ideas from other places and used them and then copyrighted them. I also had no idea that the Happy Birthday song was not a public domain. That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Overall I felt that the movie offered a lot of insight into topics of copyrighting that I was completely unaware of. I also really enjoyed looking through Becky's found letterforms. She found a lot of interesting letters out of objects I had not looked at the same way, especially her J that she got from a pipe (https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgWLpSABf4NMZTw3V_XYGOvb-9_PZDJ8GaQ4JhXEcp4irHA2YirQWJiDXRCf4T6hmdIkh5PGYMUPuHL1qONCspgd2lmf_SysIusJZRhCgBGQQFMsSVcA5oVpur51snqqD6-PlATdZWQ/s1600/IMG_1182.jpg). I think it is cool that everyone sees things differently, but when presented everyone can see where the other person was coming from.

Erica

I thought it was cool that we used some of the same objects during our search of letterforms but saw different letters in them. She used her bed to represent that letter T (https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjA4_FQN0C9QXy5VUuJh5GuLMs8HDv211W823f8-cr6oncElsnqyxuYEsC2zmQT6Xbb6GWQwVIsoHmpIrRUHF_RkSgyHhM5YdumEkGIeuJcuVZ0CwVgVsEM2D6TJFTPVNGHLFOMRkrEEaY/s1600/DSCN2422.JPG) and I used it to show an F. Also I used my desk lamp as an O and she saw an i. Erica always has very insightful blog posts and I really like reading what she got out of the classes. I agree with her on her course reflection that I was not very clear on the differences and definitions of all the legal issues and am glad that Gabe made that a part of our class. The lecture was an initial introduction into the ideas but I thought that the video really put it into perspective.

Jonathan

I really liked Jonathan's online scavenger hunt post. He found some very interesting trade show exhibits that I had not seen when I was looking online. He also posted some cool home goods like the concept coffee maker (http://www.thedesignjournal.org/upload/thedesignblog/15-amazing-coffee-machine-concepts12935310525.jpg) and table. I also enjoyed his extra post regarding the flexible paper cellphones and computers. It shows a little more about his personality and what he wants to do as a designer. It was nice to read that he has used Prezi for one of his classes and that he recommends using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment