Sunday, May 1, 2011

Journal 05: Peer Dialogue #2

Erica

Erica and I were partners for the scavenger hunt and I found it interesting the facts that she included with the pictures. I learned even more about all of the clues even though we had the exact same pictures. I also liked that she touched on the accessibility lecture in her course review, as well as mentioning the video about the wheelchair. I agree with what she said. It is sad that such an innovative product that could help so many people was unable to hit the market (http://design200spring.blogspot.com/2011/04/course-reflection-02.html).  We shared a similar interest in the lecture about environmental products and all of the videos. I enjoy reading about other peoples interest and seeing where I have common interests as other people.

Jonathan

Once again I enjoyed going through Jonathan's blog and seeing all of the other things he has added besides the assignments. I liked reading his designer blog because whenever I first think about NASA I don't think of design, but that is exactly what it is. Yet again it shows that design is incorporated into many more things that I originally thought. He took a different approach to the found faces assignments in some of his pictures then I viewed it.  I think its interesting how he interrupted it differently and it shows how everyone has their own creativity and that's what allows for millions a new ideas everyday. (http://design200.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/j04-found-faces/)

Becky

I really liked looking through Becky's designer blog and reading about the people that she researched. I had never seen the "bookworm" bookshelf by Ron Arad or the museum he had designed but both were very intriguing. (http://bbeaulieu11.blogspot.com/2011/04/a02.html) It is awesome that the bookshelf is flexible and can be shaped in anyway the user wants. I thought it was funny how Becky and Erica (and a bunch of other people in class) found faces in many of the same things. It is crazy how faces come up in a lot of the products that we use on a daily basis. I also liked how she added commentary to each of her pictures because after reading them and then looking back at the picture the products really do look like what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment